Protecting Your Privacy
Sertorio Homes is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we will be bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Sertorio Homes provides all services in relation to alterations and additions to existing residential properties.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Sertorio Homes may include your name, current and postal addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail addresses and bank account details.
If you chose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Sertorio Homes collects personal information directly from you when you provide information by phone or in documents such as a contract.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manager those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information and communicate needs in order for us to provide you with a better service
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading these systems
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Sertorio Homes. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Your representatives (eg your authorised representatives or legal advisors)
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Information service providers
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Sertorio Homes takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Sertorio Homes reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact the office on 9244 1993 between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.